This Sunday I thought I would tackle a new recipe, Orzo Carbonara.
I'm sharing it because it was easy and it's super yummy!
What you need:
6 oz of Bacon - cut into 1/2" pieces*
1/2 cup of Whipping Cream
5 cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- make sure you use low sodium or instead use less stock and more water
1 cup of Grated Parmesan
1 pound of Orzo
2 tablespoons of Butter
2 pinches of Thyme
*I substituted Turkey Bacon it works just fine but you may need to add a bit more butter
How you make it:
- Cook the bacon until crispy
- Set the cooked bacon aside, reserve one tablespoon of the fat
- Cook the butter until just brown, about 2 minutes
- Add the orzo and 4 1/2 cups of stock
- Cook the orzo until the stock is almost absorbed but don't let the orzo overcook
- Add the whipping cream and bring to a simmer
- Add Parmesan, Thyme and season with salt and Pepper as desired
- You can add the additional of stock as desired.
|The Finished Product!|
*Recipe Credit: Original Recipe from Epicurious via Bon Appetit then tweaked by moi!