"The earth laughs in flowers" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Now that the May Long Weekend has come and gone, it is officially gardening season! I'm not sure how much planting I am going to be able to get done now with the little guy in tow, but I think I'll manage to get a few pots in. Planting flowers is such a calming activity, and it doesn't hurt to watch your efforts blossom into something beautiful.
- O'verlays has these beautiful fretwork panels which pair perfectly with IKEA furniture. So if you want to spice up your cabinets and make give them that "classic" finish, look no further.
- In the fun lane has put together a compilation of beautiful cottage dining rooms, I'm debating buying a cabin just so I can decorate them as beautiful as some of these ones.
- I am in love with our new weekly planner by Garonce Dore & Rifle Paper Co. It allows me to feel organized and fashionable all at the same time (which, let's face it, can be hard!)
- Girls Gone Strong put together this inspiring post about embracing out post-baby bodies. It is so encouraging seeing new moms welcoming motherhood and everything that comes along with it (hello, new body!)
- Western Living Magazine compiled "3 Tips for Designing a Beautiful Bathroom," all of them are crucial (but easily forgotten!)
I am in love with the brick!
- I love coco + kelley's idea of hosting neighbourhood art walks, and creating your own art! These pieces really add to the room, and knowing they were created close to home adds to the intimacy and sense of community.
Whatever you get up to this weekend, I hope it is filled with future memories with the ones you love!