Today on Breakfast Television we are talking all things baby!
We started off with an easy DIY. It's not hard, but it's time consuming! So take a lazy Sunday to do this one, and you'll have an original piece to add to your nursery.
DIY Baby Mobile
What you'll need:
- Paint swatches (raid Home Depot!)
- Fishing wire
- Scalloped circle hole punch (or whatever shape you'd like) - Available at Michael's
- Lamp shade (again from Home Depot)
1) Take your Xacto knife and remove the fabric from your lamp shade
2) Take your paint swatches and punch circle holes in them. I got a variety of grey colours to create an ombre look with my mobile.
3) Once you have punched out a lot of holes (and I mean A LOT - like I said, raid Home Depot and take more than you'll think you'll need) lay them out in the ombre style. I used seven circles for the bottom ring of the lamp shade and nine circles for the top. Again, make them as long as you like!
4) Tape the circle together. This will prevent them from turning over and showing the back of the paint sample.
5) Take your fishing wire and tape it along the back of the circle, and leave a little hanging over on the top so you can attach it to the lamp shade.
6) Start tying the paint swatches to the lamp shade. Start with the bottom layer and them go to the top.
What's so great about this DIY is that it doesn't have to be perfect, have fun with it and give it some character!